UnitedHealthcare/Oxford will discontinue the upfront waiver of cost share for Virtual Visits through Teladoc®, Doctor On Demand™ and AmWell® as of October 1, 2020.
Posted on September 28, 2020
UnitedHealtcare/Oxford has advised of the following New York ONLY update to our initial communication below regarding Virtual Visits cost share waiver:
- As per New York State regulation, New York fully-insured groups will still have the cost-share waiver in place through November 9, 2020. This includes telehealth, virtual visits and Oxford 1.0 Amwell.
Note: New York State emergency regulation has extended telehealth services at $0 cost-share for fully-insured members in New York through November 9, 2020.
See below for UnitedHealthcare/Oxford
- Beginning October 1, 2020, members will pay the cost share for both COVID-19 and non-COVID-19 services up front.
- The Virtual Visit cost share will revert to client specific pre-COVID cost share.
- Non-COVID-19 Virtual Visit coverage at no cost share ends September 30, 2020.
- UnitedHealthcare/Oxford will reimburse members for Virtual Visit cost-share (copayment, deductible, and coinsurance) for COVID- 19 Virtual Visits through the public health emergency.
- No action is required to facilitate reimbursement to the member, the provider will be responsible for member reimbursement.
- Please note, the provider member reimbursement process may take up to 60 days.
On October 1, 2020, members accessing myuhc.com will see the following disclaimer based on employer cost share: “If your visit is related to COVID-19, your Virtual Visit provider may reimburse you according to your plan benefits.”
Click here to access the most current UHC COVID-19 FAQ.