UHC/Oxford New Standard Select Pharmacy Program in NY & NJ Effective 1/1
Posted on November 17, 2021
UHC/ Oxford New Standard Select Pharmacy Program in New York & New Jersey, Effective Jan. 1, 2022
Note: CVS Not in the new Standard Select Pharmacy Network
Oxford has advised all Oxford Metro Network and small group Liberty Network medical plans in New York (1-100) and New Jersey (2-50) are moving to their Standard Select Pharmacy program. The Standard Select Pharmacy network comprises 50,000 retail pharmacies nationwide, including major chains, mass merchants, and supermarkets.
The change will take place for new clients and upon renewal for existing clients beginning January 1, 2022. The Standard Select Pharmacy network may be paired with the Access, Advantage, or Essential formulary.
What this means for impacted members:
- Oxford members of a Metro Network plan will have access to an additional 15,000 participating pharmacies nationwide, including Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Walmart.
- Prescriptions cannot be filled at CVS or many non-chain pharmacies.
- To search for a network pharmacy before January 1, 2022, members can go to myuhc.com, select Find a Pharmacy and enter their search criteria (e.g., pharmacy name or ZIP code). To confirm network participation, the pharmacy should have Standard Select with Walgreens listed in its description.
- Impacted members (e.g., members who have filled a retail script at CVS within the past 90 days) will be notified by mail about the pharmacy network change (sample member letter).
- A Standard Select Pharmacy program flier will be included in the small group renewal packages for impacted clients, beginning with the January through end-of-year 2022 renewal packages. The flier also will be included in the January through December 2022 renewal packages for any impacted key account Oxford Metro Network clients.
- Information will be posted, post-login, on the Oxford broker and employer website, uhceservices.com.
Please help ensure your affected Oxford clients are aware of this change. Kindly share the pdfs below.