UHC New York rate filings for 2021: Initial notices mailing in June
Posted on June 11, 2020
see below from Oxford/UHC
In compliance with the New York Prior Approval law, UnitedHealthcare will be mailing notices about its rate filings (requested rates) to impacted New York small business certificate and policy holders with renewal dates in 2021. We will begin the mailing on June 10 and expect to complete it on June 15, 2020.
Notices will be sent to the following certificate and policy holders:
- Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. Off-Marketplace small groups and small group subscribers
- Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. On-Marketplace small groups and small group subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Inc. Off-Marketplace small groups and small group subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Inc. Off-Marketplace conversion plan subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc. On-Marketplace individual plan subscribers
The initial notice informs customers and subscribers (certificate and policy holders) of a community-rated product (e.g., individual subscribers, small groups, small group subscribers) about a health insurance company’s application with the New York State Department of Financial Services for a rate adjustment. Impacted groups and subscribers will be sent a second notice with the approved rate adjustment 60 days prior to their 2021 renewal dates.
Samples of the rate filing notifications are available in the broker sections of our websites:
- uhc.com/broker > Legal > Required State Notices > New York
- oxfordhealth.com > Brokers > Broker Highlights
Please familiarize yourself with these notices should your customers have questions.
More information is available in the form of a narrative summary and a numerical summary. Impacted groups can view the summaries at:
- UnitedHealthcare small groups: uhc.com > Legal > Required State Notices > New York
- Oxford small groups: oxfordhealth.com > Employers > Messages
Subscribers can view the summaries on their member website, at the address shown on their health plan ID card:
- myuhc.com > Legal > Required State Notices > New York
- oxfordhealth.com > Members > Messages
More information also can be found on the New York Department of Financial Services’ website, dfs.ny.gov/consumers/health_insurance/health_insurance_premiums.
If you have questions, please contact your UnitedHealthcare representative.