Oxford/UHC 2022 Rate Filings
Posted on June 10, 2021
See below from Oxford/UHC
In compliance with the New York Prior Approval law, UnitedHealthcare is mailing notices this month about its rate filings (requested rates) to impacted New York small business certificate and policy holders with renewal dates in 2022.
Notices will be sent to the following policy and certificate holders:
- Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. On- and Off-Marketplace small groups
- Oxford Health Insurance, Inc. On- and Off-Marketplace small group subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Inc. Off-Marketplace small groups
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Inc. Off-Marketplace small group subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare Insurance Company of New York, Inc. Off-Marketplace conversion plan subscribers
- UnitedHealthcare of New York, Inc. On-Marketplace individual plan subscribers
The initial notice informs customers and subscribers (certificate and policy holders) of a community-rated product (e.g., individual subscribers, small groups, small group subscribers) about a health insurance company’s application with the New York State Department of Financial Services for a rate adjustment. Impacted groups and subscribers will be sent a second notice with the approved rate adjustment 60 days prior to their 2022 renewal dates.
Please familiarize yourself with these notices should your customers have questions.
More information is available in the form of a narrative summary and a numerical summary. Impacted groups can view the summaries at:
• Oxford small groups: uhceservices.com > Tools & Resources > Federal & State Notices > Oxford – New York
• UnitedHealthcare small groups: uhc.com > Legal > Required State Notices > New York
Subscribers can view the summaries on their member website:
If you have questions, please contact your sales representative.