Important UHC/Oxford COVID-19 Update
Posted on March 24, 2020
UnitedHealthcare/Oxford has just released an FAQ that outlines their new policies pertaining to COVID-19
We’ve summarized the important key points below:
- During the next 90 days and one time only if an employer with a single plan option wishes to buy down their benefits plan they will allow it. The original plan renewal date will not change.
- Employers will not be able to add an additional plan option, and only employers with a single plan option will be allowed to buy down (employers with multiple plan options cannot buy down)
- They are relaxing their actively at work requirements through 5/31/20.
- They will not allow credit card payments.
- They will waive the waiting period for rehires due to COVID-19
- They will allow fully insured clients to continue to offer benefits to furloughed employees as long as the plan sponsor continues to pay the premium.
- They will not be enforcing premium changes to large groups if enrollment of that group changes by more than 10% (this is large group only).
- Special COVID-19 Enrollment Opportunity that will extend from March 23, 2020 to April 6, 2020, and coverage will be effective as of April 1, 2020, should the member enroll.
Click here to download a PDF of the Unitedhealthcare/Oxford FAQ