Horizon Update: Grandmothering for Pre-ACA Plans Extended Into 2021
Posted on June 9, 2020
Horizon Brief Notes
Applies to: Pre-ACA Small Group plans with 4th quarter 2020 renewals
Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey is pleased to advise that groups with health plans that preceded the Affordable Care Act (“pre-ACA plans”) and that renew between October 1 and December 31, 2020, will be permitted to renew within those pre-ACA plans.
If a group leaves its pre-ACA plan, it must move to an ACA-compliant policy with stand-alone pediatric dental (SAPD) coverage. Popular ACA-compliant options include Horizon BCBS OMNIASM Health Plans.
Horizon BCBSNJ will communicate to you and your impacted groups the important details and dates regarding the renewal process. Here’s what you can expect:
- October, November and December pre-ACA and ACA renewals will be available to the Broker of Record via the FTP secure site. An email notification will be sent once a renewal is available.
- Renewals will be released according to the following schedule:
- October renewals – no later than July 31
- November renewals – no later than August 31
- December renewals – no later than September 30
For more information and Mandatory Tax Documentation for Groups
with Two to Five or 45+ Eligible Employees please CLICK HERE.