Horizon BCBSNJ COVID-19 Updates 8/14/20
Posted on August 18, 2020
See below from Horizon’s Brief Notes regarding updates to their COVID-19 Resource Guide
Applies to: All markets
COVID-19 Resource Guide Update
as of August 14, 2020
At Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey (Horizon BCBSNJ), the health and well-being of our customers, and the safety of our employees and the health care professionals we rely on, remain our our top priorities as we face the COVID-19 (coronavirus) public health emergency.
To help alleviate some of the stress on our customers and the health care community, Horizon BCBSNJ is expanding coverage and adjusting business practices during this time.
Our COVID-19 Resource Guide has been updated as of August 14, 2020. Key updates include:
- The waiver of member cost sharing obligations for diagnosis and treatment of COVID-19
- Extending the date for:
- Waiving the “actively at work” requirement
- Enabling furloughed employees to remain on a group health plan
- Waiving a group’s waiting period requirement
- Additional time to submit employee/dependent enrollment and termination paperwork
- ERISA Plan relief and timeline extensions
Information in the COVID-19 Resource Guide is subject to change.