Horizon BCBSNJ COVID-19 Update – Telemedicine
Posted on March 30, 2020
Horizon BCBSNJ COVID-19 Update: Expanding Telemedicine Coverage to Include Telephone Visits
Horizon BCBS has just announced it is relaxing telemedicine rules to allow telephone visits with providers. Effective immediately and through June 30, 2020, unless extended:
- Relaxing telemedicine rules to allow members to receive covered services by video & telephone.
- Waiving member cost-sharing for covered services provided by an in-network health care professional for telemedicine visit.
- Members have no out-of-pocket costs for telemedicine visits, which now include common video platforms (Facetime, Skype & also by phone) for in-network health professionals.
- Members seeking care from out-of-network providers may still get covered services using these platforms, but they remain responsible for out-of-network cost-sharing payments according to the terms of their individual policies.
- Covered services include diagnosis or treatment of COVID-19, routine care, regular PCP visits, therapy, mental health and substance use care.
Click here to see Horizon BCBSNJ Full Brief Notes.