Guardian COVID-19 Renewal Approach
Posted on March 31, 2020
See below from Guardian
At Guardian, our customers are our top priority. We continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID‐19) pandemic and are sharing information to help support your Guardian benefit programs.
We have discussed rate renewals during the current business disruption period with many customers, and we’re pleased to announce our plan renewal approach in the immediate term.
Employer Groups with Less Than 500 Employees
- We will retain rates (no rate change) on all renewals for May 1, 2020 through August 15, 2020 plan anniversary dates.
- The next renewal rate review will be set to the plan anniversary month/day in 2021. For example, if the original renewal anniversary date was August 1, 2020, you will continue your current rates as of that date, and your next renewal anniversary will be August 1, 2021.
- All business planning discussions for the coming year will continue.
- Normal underwriting rules and contractual provisions will continue to apply.
Employer Groups with 500 or More Employees
- For our larger employer groups with 500+ employees, we will defer planned anniversary renewals scheduled between May 1, 2020 and August 31, 2020 for three months from the original renewal anniversary date. For example, a renewal planned to be effective May 1, 2020 will now be deferred to be effective on August 1, 2020.
- After this period of deferrals, your original renewal anniversary date will apply for any 2021 and forward renewals.
- Our 500+ renewal discussions will reflect the same focus on your company’s needs and the underlying benefit performance to assure your benefit programs are built for the long term.
- Normal underwriting rules and contractual limits will continue to apply.
This renewal approach supports our customers’ business needs while assuring the sustainability of their benefit programs. If you have questions or requests reflecting any unique circumstances, please don’t hesitate to contact the team.