Aetna to offer zero co-pays for telemedicine and COVID-19 testing
Posted on March 10, 2020
COVID-19 resources for Aetna members in all markets and all group sizes
In light of the spread of COVID-19 and their goal of supporting the health and well-being of their members, the following resources are now available for members in all markets and all group sizes:
1. For the next 90 days, Aetna will offer zero co-pay telemedicine visits for any reason.
- Aetna is recommending members use telemedicine as their first line of defense in order to limit potential exposure in physician offices.
- Cost sharing will be waived for all video visits through the CVS MinuteClinic app, Aetna-covered Teladoc offerings and in-network providers delivering synchronous virtual care (live video-conferencing).
Click on the links below for Teledoc Coronavirus Flyers.
2. Aetna will waive co-pays for all diagnostic testing related to COVID-19.
- This policy will cover the test kit for patients who meet CDC guidelines for testing, which can be done in any approved laboratory location.
- Aetna will waive the member costs associated with diagnostic testing at any authorized location.