Amerihealth employee eligibility exception for furloughed or temporarily laid off employees
Posted on March 24, 2020
See Below Broker Alert from AmeriHealth Regarding Employee Eligibility Exception for furloughed or temporarily laid off employees
As a result of the COVID 19 outbreak, AmeriHealth New Jersey will honor employer requests to continue coverage for employees furloughed or temporarily laid off as a result of impacts of COVID 19.
This exception applies to fully insured and self funded business, and is contingent upon the following:
- Full premium payments continue to be made by the employer.
- Self funded employers must continue to remit invoiced amounts in full.
- The employer is responsible for collecting employee contributions, if applicable.
- No reductions to employer contributions will be allowed.
- Only actively at work employees can be added to the plan as new enrollees.
- Our preferred Stop Loss partner, HM Insurance Group (HMIG), will honor coverage in accordance with the above conditions.
- Self funded employers who do NOT contract with HMIG for Stop Loss/Reinsurance should contact their Stop Loss carrier or broker/consultant for information on how these benefits will be covered under their policy related to the specific Stop Loss contract terms and Plan documents.
This Underwriting Guideline exception is in effect until June 30, 2020. This exception will not be valid on or after July 1, 2020.
Please note: Employers should consult with their legal counsel and/or tax advisor to determine if their benefit offerings meet applicable state and federal requirements.