Top-Ranked Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation Practice.
To stay on top of a constantly evolving market, PGP has partnered with Thompson Hine, a top-ranked, national full-service law firm with 400 attorneys in 7 different cities.
- Thompson Hine’s Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation Group consists of approximately 25 professionals dedicated to providing counseling and assistance to employers of all sizes and industries.
- Thompson Hine is ranked as one of the top Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practices among Ohio law firms by Chambers USA and the Legal 500.
Knowledge and Experience throughout the Industry.
The team at Thompson Hine is known for their knowledge and experience throughout the industry and routinely delivers assistance with these issues relating to welfare plan compliance:
- Plan documentation and participant communications, including SPDs, SBCs, and other required notices
- Affordable Care Act compliance, including full-time employee issues, affordability, reporting, and plan design requirements
- HIPAA privacy and security compliance and policy, including documentation, training, and breach reporting
- Cafeteria plan compliance, including mid-year election change requests, limited purpose/post deductible FSAs, and grace periods/carryovers
- Wellness programs, on-site medical clinics, and telemedicine
- Mental health parity compliance
- HSAs, including interaction with Medicare
- Claims/appeals, including both process and documentation
- Domestic partner benefits
- Spousal surcharges/eligibility rules
- Nondiscrimination testing
- ERISA status of voluntary benefits
- IRS/DOL/HHS audits
- Required reporting, including Forms 5500, PCORI fee calculation, and
Form 8928 reports of group health plan violations
- Vendor contract review and negotiation
- M&A activity, including due diligence, purchase agreement review, and assistance with integration activities
- ERISA litigation
Support and Guidance You Can Trust