We are seeking a full-time Staff Accountant in our Hauppauge office this person will be responsible for general accounting and bookkeeping activities including accounts receivable, accounts payable, bank reconciliations, journal entries, general ledger reconciliation, account analysis, and month-end close.
- Assist with monthly close activities that include account reconciliation, recording journal entries, balance sheet schedules, and P&L account analysis
- Responsible for accounts receivable including billing calculations, invoicing, statements, past due notices, posting of cash receipts and aging reports
- Handle billing inquires and work with other departments to resolve discrepancies
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations
- Validate data from multiple systems to ensure accuracy of data posted to accounting system
- Cross-train to serve as back-up person for accounts payable and other accounting functions
- Assist with payroll and HR as needed
- Perform special projects, reporting analysis and other related duties as assigned
- Document and improve processes and controls in his or her areas of responsibility.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting
- 2 + years of experience in accounts receivable and general accounting functions
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close processes
- Possess effective communication and organizational skills
- Able to work independently without significant, direct supervision.
- Ability to multi-task and be a team player in the accounting department
- Experience with accounting systems, Dynamics GP a plus