System Administrator – Hauppauge, NY
We are looking for a full time System Administrator to join our Hauppauge, NY location. The main responsibility of this role will be to provide end user IT support to the Hauppauge location as well as two remote offices (NJ & NYC).
- Provide day to day technical support to internal users of our systems; troubleshoot user problems and determine appropriate path for solution; level 1 and 2 IT support.
- Troubleshoot all desktop hardware and software issues (Microsoft Office, CRM, Windows 7, internet connectivity)
- Oversee all printers & Scanners
- Setup new users (Active Directory)
- Software and Hardware Installation
- Email Administration (Exchange)
- Telephone System Administration
- Access Control System
- Various projects as assigned
- Network Connectivity – basic troubleshooting of firewalls, routers and switches
- Remote Access
- Escalate issues as necessary
- Research and compare new equipment options and costs
- Business continuity planning – report on server and systems monitoring, backup plans, and utilization.
- 1 – 5 year’s experience in a technical support role/ Network Administration
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 Administration, MS Exchange, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with server virtualization (VMware vSphere)
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with tech and non-tech team members equally; familiar with supporting users in an office environment
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Familiar with networking concepts
- Detail oriented and ability to reprioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. Fast learner with excellent documentation and organizational habits.
- Excellent verbal/written and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree