Jr. IT System Administrator – Hauppauge, NY
We are looking for a full-time Jr. IT System Administrator to join our Hauppauge, NY location. The main responsibility of this role will be to provide end-user IT support to the Hauppauge location as well as two remote offices (NJ & NYC).
- Provide day to day technical support to internal users of our systems; troubleshoot user problems and determine the appropriate path for solution; level 1 and 2 IT support.
- Troubleshoot all desktop hardware and software issues (Microsoft Office, CRM, Windows 7, internet connectivity)
- Oversee all printers & Scanners
- Setup new users (Active Directory)
- Software and Hardware Installation
- Email Administration (Exchange)
- Telephone System Administration
- Access Control System
- Various projects as assigned
- Network Connectivity – basic troubleshooting of firewalls, routers, and switches
- Remote Access
- Escalate issues as necessary
- Research and compare new equipment options and costs
- Business continuity planning – report on server and systems monitoring, backup plans, and utilization.
- 1 – 5 year’s experience in a technical support role/ Network Administration
- Knowledge of Windows Server 2008/2012 Administration, MS Exchange, Windows 7 and Microsoft Office
- Familiar with server virtualization (VMware vSphere)
- Ability to communicate (verbal and written) with tech and non-tech team members equally; familiar with supporting users in an office environment
- A+ Certification or equivalent experience
- Familiar with networking concepts
- Detail oriented and ability to reprioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills. Fast learner with excellent documentation and organizational habits.
- Excellent verbal/written and organizational skills
- Bachelor’s degree