Account Manager – NYC
We are looking for a highly-motivated individual with excellent communication and computer skills to join a dynamic sales team in our NYC office. As an Account Manager for the premier group benefits General Agent in the Northeast, you will be responsible for effectively managing multiple broker & client relationships, evaluating new sales opportunities and renewals, resolving day to say service issues and effectively communicating solutions to our broker & client partners. Working with our internal marketing department, you will be creating employee benefit overviews, PowerPoint presentations and other open enrollment communications. Additionally, you will need to effectively answer employee benefits questions, implement benefit admin solutions, and conduct open enrollment meetings. Candidate must be willing to follow workflow process and have a high level of commitment to the success of the team’s shared goals.
- Handle general service issues – claim, billing, commissions, enrollment, etc.
- Create PowerPoint presentations and employee communication material
- Quote new sales opportunities and make vendor recommendations to broker and/or client
- Manage multiple small group renewals
- Conduct employee open enrollment meetings and small group renewal/sales strategy meetings
- Assist with managing online benefit administration portal
- Be willing to take on other tasks as required
- Experience in employee benefits or health insurance field is preferred, not required
- Life & Health Insurance License required after 6 months of employment
- Excellent verbal/written and organizational skills
- Successful in a team environment
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience