Account Manager – NJ
We are looking for an experienced Employee Benefits Account Manager for our Clark, NJ office. As an Account Manager, you will be responsible for effectively managing broker relationships, evaluating renewals to determine the appropriateness of rates and rate components, analyzing carrier claims and utilization reports (where available) and reporting findings back to brokers. You will also be preparing, negotiating and substantiating annual renewals. Working with our marketing department to create benefit overviews, answer benefits questions, handle service issues, benchmarking, HRIS support and implementation, reviewing contracts and Summary Plan Descriptions, and conducting enrollment meetings.
- Market renewals for all Health and Ancillary lines of coverage; review carrier proposals for accuracy
- Spreadsheet carrier proposals for presentation to broker/client
- Create finalized broker/employer presentations
- Handle general service issues – claim, billing, commissions, enrollment, etc.
- Review claims reports and substantiate renewals
- Conduct employee enrollment meetings
- 5500 and other related compliance filings
- Assist with employee communications materials
- 5 + years’ experience in employee benefits or health insurance field is required
- Excellent verbal/written and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Familiar with PPACA, ERISA, COBRA, FMLA, Cafeteria Plans
- NJ Health, Life & Accident License preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent related experience